Francesco,

As I said in HipChat, I'd love to be able to say that we can do this.
But the fact is right now infra are tied up for at least 6 months.

I think the best way to gain any traction on this is for the Syncope PMC
to stand up a PoC that replaces 1 (or more) of the components used.
i.e.  these might include:

 - https://id.apache.org  (The end-user part of it)
 - acreq - The user account request workflow
 - Identity Management as a whole.
 - PMC karma management

I will be more than happy to help guide the PMC, and give you an ASF VM
on which you can stand up your PoC, and guide you on the business logic
already in place for any of these tools.

For a long time we have tried to manage identity, or some cut-down
version of it, solely via LDAP. Then we added id.apache.org, and then
acreq was added.  They were all really disjointed efforts.  If we can
bring all this under one roof, and make it usable I think it will be a
win.

The idea of a PoC is to be able to demonstrate that Syncope could
basically be dropped in, and replace one of these components.

We'd also want some decent handover and/or training from the Syncope
community.  I'm not sure we'd accept it if the community wanted to
support it on it's own, because the sad fact is people move on, and we
would be left with a critical piece of the jigsaw remaining unsupported.

Cheers,
Tony

--
Many thanks,