Yes I'm also in favor of moving to a 1.0 version for our upcoming release
targeting the Spark 1.x series. Since we'll also be subsequently releasing a
version targeting the Spark 2.x series, I would also like to suggest that we
name that version 2.0. This version naming scheme would allow us to easily
associate a SystemML version with the Spark series that it targets, thus
reducing confusion for a user. Rather than view a 2.0 version as a successor to
1.0, let's view it instead as simply a naming scheme that corresponds to the
targeted version of Spark.

So, 1.0 would be our upcoming release targeting Spark 1.x, and 2.0 would be our
upcoming release targeting Spark 2.x.

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw