Denis,

"X doesn't do what I want" is not a strong argument. In order to convince
someone to apply the patch, you need to make more efforts to describe you
issue. After reading all of your mails I'm still not sure what is the issue
with existing syntax. Please explain exactly your use case. As always some
examples can help.