> "X doesn't do what I want" is not a strong argument. In order to convince
> someone to apply the patch, you need to make more efforts to describe you
> issue. After reading all of your mails I'm still not sure what is the issue
> with existing syntax. Please explain exactly your use case. As always some
> examples can help.

OK Sorry :)

The issue is how to implement a null check logic in tml. Lets say we have an
object User and an Address, now if address is not null I want to display
something different.

If I use:

<t:if test="user.address"> or <t:unless test="!user.address">

in this case "address" will be converted to a boolean by coercion object ->
string -> boolean but I don't want additional toString metod called here, our
toStrings are implemented using reflection based ToStringBuilder, on complex
object it could load alot of stuff for the DB or just simple toString equals
"true" could slowdown rendering.

It seems to me that intuitive way is to use:

<t:if test="user.address?">

> What's the code that does that? Wouldn't it be better to just change it so
> the ! operator works without using toString()?

Tapestry coercion code and I don't think it could be changed.

Denis