I think the key here at least for me is that there is one entry point for most
common things.
The fact that the IDE takes you there and give you javadocs as you explore the
services is an added bonus. Just makes things easier and more obvious. @Inject
is nice but tapestry also has @Contribute and other inject variants. I for one
am having to constantly field questions on how do I do this and it's usually a
question of doing an inject. The API will prevent those questions from
happening in the first place.