Just to clarify: releases can't be vetoed, not even by binding PMC votes. As
long as there are at least 3 binding +1 votes, it's up to the release manager,
i.e. Massimo in this case, to decide whether to bury it or proceed.

I agree it's unfortunate that a fix for a problem in 5.3 did not make it into
the first bugfix release but that's not a reason to hold up the release.

That being said,

Ulrich Stärk: +1 (binding)