Yes, I do agree with you and I'm sure people generally understand
that. Currently, a new version of Hibernate alone is a very weak
reason but in general, at some point in time it will become a
reasonable expectation that everybody is running on at least JRE6.
That point may not be here yet, but there's no reason not to move
after we've passed that point and the side benefit is that you can
then use the new features. And I agree, there's nothing that
compelling in JDK 1.6 we'd absolutely want.

Sounds like we should back out the hibernate version change then. We
might need to create a separate java 6 version of tapestry-hibernate
(we could use classifiers to separate the artifacts at least for
Maven), can I assume you'll sign up to work on it?

Kalle