On 18.12.2012 18:29, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
> Uli, let's not make this a religious argument. If we all compromise a bit

I'm not making this a religious argument. I simply don't see why we should
delay cleaning the list
any longer or put any of our valuable energy in outdated stuff. That's simply
not economical. Half
of these issues were last updated more than 2 years ago, almost all were
updated more than a year
ago. The last 5.0 (5.0.19) was released in 2009-12. 5.1.0.7 (last 5.1 release)
was done in 2010-01.
We are talking about issues affecting 3 year old and even older versions of our
software. That
simply doesn't make any sense to me.

That's exactly what I wrote:

>> If Robert wants to spend the time on it, I'm all for it. But I really want
>> to see the list of open
>> issues significantly reduced in the near future and I believe that the

To rephrase: I'm OK with giving everybody a bit time to look at their favorite
issues, assign them,
update them, etc. But I want us to agree on a deadline when we will just close
them.

Can we agree on the following:

1. we compile a list of issues that we think can be closed for reasons of
lacking interest,
affecting outdated versions, being of low quality, or other reasons
2. we bulk-comment on those issues asking reporters and watchers to update them
with more
information by 2013-02-28
3. on 2013-03-01 we bulk-close those that are still open and haven't been
updated

Uli