And my objection is to wasting resources on going through every issue and in
the end still closing
most of them.

If Robert wants to spend the time on it, I'm all for it. But I really want to
see the list of open
issues significantly reduced in the near future and I believe that the mose
time effective solution
is simply to close old ones as won't fix.

Uli