On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 16:33:24 -0300, Bob Harner <bobhar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not critical, but I finished changes for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2539 a while ago and just need
to add tests. But if you're motivated to do a 5.5 release before I commit, that's perfectly fine.

The sooner, the better. :) There are a couple things I'd like to do in 5.4.x for a long time but I haven't had a chance, but we can release a new version of it after 5.5 is out, of course merging the implementation in 5.5.

Previously, Howard had said the following about Tapestry 5.5. I mention
these in case someone thinks they are important to address now (I don't)...

Me too.

1. "Prototype will no longer be bundled with Tapestry starting in Tapestry
5.5."

If we do that, I'd still like for us to keep the JS framework abstraction layer. Maybe we can make a vanilla JS implementation of it in the future to be an option to jQuery. In addition, I don't see the point of removing what isn't broken.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br