Hi Thiago,

Why didn't you use tapestry-boot and wrote your own? Just curious. I know
sometimes we need to reinvent a wheel, and sometimes we do it just because
its fun. :)
There is nothing inherently broken with the Tapestry-Boot project, but it does not seem to be well maintained and is a little rough around the edges. I also do not see any license terms so it is unclear whether it can be used in a commercial product. I posted a request asking the author to add a license file in hopes of being able to contribute code to improve the project, but have not yet received a response.

Given we are using the Spring Boot integration as part of a new commercial product, it was imperative to have a code base that can be maintained over time. I considered forking the project, but decided it would be better to build upon the native Tapestry startup logic so we fully understand the design decisions taken. Tapestry-Boot appears to have been conceived using a similar approach, but we took a rather different path to wiring Tapestry into the spring boot environment. We also added some nice features such as a FailureAnalyzer that reports common configuration problems.

The Tapestry team has an informal policy of usually keeping integrations,
specially ones not written by the team, outside of the Tapestry project
because it's a small team working on their free time, so it would be more
code to maintain in the long term. On the other hand, the team would be
more than happy to include your integration in
https://tapestry.apache.org/modules.html. Also, feel free to announce it in
the user mailing list.

Understood. Our time is also at a premium so we are very selective about where choose to spend our spare time. The module we are talking about is not huge. Around a dozen files, many of which are derived from Tapestry sources or are very simple.

The hope was not to simply throw something out there in hopes it would be useful, but rather to find like minded developers willing to collaborate on creating a first-class Spring Boot integration. While Tapestry is very usable in its current form, we find that the Spring Boot integration greatly simplifies the work to get a production quality application up and running. Bootstrapping a new tapestry project in gradle is very easy and takes well under a 100 lines for a full featured build script.

Thanks,
David

emailsig eXtensia Technologies, Inc. <http://www.extensiatech.com>

*David Taylor*
Direct Line: 703-398-1264
Mobile: 571-278-1869
david.tay...@extensiatech.com <mailto:david.tay...@extensiatech.com>

This message contains information that is confidential and proprietary to eXtensia Technologies. It is intended only for the recipient named and for the express purpose described therein. Any other use is prohibited.