Hi,

I guess your answer is mostly about formatting HTML output using TML markup?

It's not that trivial as it could be, mostly because tapestry rendering is
built around HTTP request processing.

I.e. one of it's core components -- PageLink -- relies on (http) Request
service which is usually unavailable when you need to send an email,
because you usually don't want to send it the scope of HTTP request but
rather do this asynchronously or by some non-HTTP event, like timer. You
can mock the request service for offline use, or build your own component
for link rendering in offline mode, etc. which is not that difficult but
still not trivial.

The next thing is partial rendering: Tapestry does support partial
rendering of blocks using PartialTemplateRenderer, but you still need to
host the block on some page to be able to reference it. Those pages need to
be "private", as you may not want to render them in normal way to your
users.