Hi,

  So I was considering removing some of the current erlang makefiles and
replacing them with rebar.  Its a standalone escript which makes building
and testing erlang easier.  The code and script are Apache 2 license
https://github.com/basho/rebar/blob/master/LICENSE so should be fine to
include inside of another apache license.  The plan would be to remove
the Makefile.am in lib/erl/src, instead add rebar to lib/erl and add
the appropriate wrapper commands in the lib/erl/Makefile.am to compile
and run eunit tests.  I'd also go ahead and move the test code which is
more unit test like into a test directory under lib/erl so that you
could use rebar to run eunit tests.

Anyone have a problem with this?  The impetus is I want to merge in some
of the erlang patches we've received but would like to get some eunit test
for the current modules as well.  I could hack more stuff into the current
Makefiles, but switching to rebar makes it much easier.

Thanks,

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>