> From my perspective everything should be moved from test/erl to
> lib/erl/test/
>
> The test directory should only contain test definitions like the
> ThriftTest.thrift

Doesn't that sort of make testing harder if the thrift files are in a different
 place from the tests?  Also if cross language tests are ever implemented where
would you expect those to live?

I might suggest that pure unit tests (including thrift files for those tests)
live in the lib/*/test directories but the test servers and clients for cross
language testing continue to live in top level test directory (possibly with
something which runs all combinations against each other).

-Anthony