Interesting ideas, thanks.  FWIW I think that sort
of thing might be best supported as a periodic cron
if we can write something stable enough, because pulling
stuff out of the git repo is something the CMS isn't going
to do all that well being an svn application.

The CMS build results are available at http://thrift.staging.apache.org/
feel free to play with the sources in repos/asf/thrift/cms-site/trunk.
It's very fast, probably an order of magnitude faster than your current tech.
Whole site builds in two seconds; fractions of a second for typical mods to
content/ markdown pages.

The CMS bookmarklet is compatible with the staging site FWIW.