Sorry I need to clarify with an example: look at
http://thrift.staging.apache.org/tutorial/ versus
http://thrift.staging.apache.org/tutorial.html.  The
former is generated from content/tutorial/index.html
and the latter from content/tutorial.md.  The latter file
needs to be removed from the tree now that it's content
has been ported to content/tutorial/index.html.  This
uses django template inheritance to maintain simplicity.

Other directories that follow a similar pattern should
also be ported in the same fashion.