2a sounds good to me, since it is consistent. That could be important
for projects that ship thrift files intended for users who want to
build their own clients, for example.

Another discussion could be to catch the same types of issues for
field and enum names. But that is... another discussion :)

--
Stig Bakken
CTO, Zedge.net - free your phone!