On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> first and foremost, it is upon the API designer to take care of that.
> There are a number of best practices floating around, but there is nothing
> in Thrift that really prevents you from doing things like that. Thrift can
> help you with that

I was not specific enough.  I was not asking about an API I am creating
using Thrift. I was asking about Thrift's Java APIs.  Specifically the
removal[1] of some methods from org.apache.thrift.server.THsHaServer in the
Thrift Java   library.  This change will potentially break any code using
THsHaServer.  After seeing this change, I was wondering if the Thrift
project has makes any API stability guarantees for its libraries.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/thrift/commit/2238adabbc5317ab59ee1b13d4df4e1d4d889c73#diff-bbc5d82070c28bc757a1b64bac5f7faaL47