Jim, most of them are submitted after initial planned date of 0.10.0
release that is January.
I believe it is more important to proceed with the next release right now.
That said, I agree we need to work through pull requests.
I've written while ago a small tool to list all pull requests which have
closed JIRA tickets or no ticket, so maybe we can ask Apache INFRA team (or
maybe directly Jake ?) to close them at once later.

John, FWIW CI works for the current master, so it's more about how it looks.
I understand bad looking CI result = less contributors and it needs to be
fixed eventually, but I don't think we should delay the release even
further for this.
About the contributing advice, which part you find outdated ?
Maybe we can remove JIRA-patch part, as it seems that many of us are liking
Github PR.