On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Aki Sukegawa <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jim, most of them are submitted after initial planned date of 0.10.0
> release that is January.
> I believe it is more important to proceed with the next release right now.
> That said, I agree we need to work through pull requests.
> I've written while ago a small tool to list all pull requests which have
> closed JIRA tickets or no ticket, so maybe we can ask Apache INFRA team (or
> maybe directly Jake ?) to close them at once later.
>

> John, FWIW CI works for the current master, so it's more about how it
> looks.
> I understand bad looking CI result = less contributors and it needs to be
> fixed eventually, but I don't think we should delay the release even
> further for this.

I am not currently contributing, so my opinion is just that, but a green
CI, which is the visible one for master (and thus for pull requests by
inference), is what I was hoping 0.10.0 would block for.  If master CI is
red 75% of the time, a good PR will also be red 75% of the time and there
will be no solid way to identify bad PRs.  This should lead quickly to red
master.

> About the contributing advice, which part you find outdated ?
> Maybe we can remove JIRA-patch part, as it seems that many of us are liking
> Github PR.

The JIRA patch did seem possibly outdated to me.  I more wanted o call
attention to the contributor experience as a whole.  Contributors will read
that page (hopefully!), so I was just trying to prompt a review of it.