I'd strongly advise against updating the JDK requirement to 12.
Requiring JDK 11 is better, because it's considered a long-term stable
(LTS) release, and it's the latest such release. JDK 12 is not; it is
a "rapid release" to preview features which will be in the next LTS,
and support for 12 ends this month.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history