I think the README covers pretty much everything you're probably looking for.
https://github.com/apache/thrift-website/blob/main/README.md

Specifically, it contains:
1. instructions on how to set up your local environment with all the
prerequisites
2. specific commands to run to test locally
3. explanation about automatic staging of stuff committed to the main
branch (so you never actually *need* to build locally)
4. instructions on how to publish the staged site to production