On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Alex Ott <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:

> May be it worth to separate metadata of top-level objects from metadata of
> embedded objects? And allow to traverse through hierarchy of embedded
> objects?  And provide several implementations, something like: collector of
> metadata for all embedded objects, or collector only of top-level metadata,
> etc.

As long as the final solution can also handle containers with thousands or
millions of documents, each document having its own set of metadata.

In other words, I need a streaming way of accessing the metadata. To
me, I think that means that either there is some place in the SAX api
where I can get the metadata for the current subdocument (attributes in
the DIV element?) or there is a point in time in using the SAX api where
I can query a metadata object and know it only contains metadata for
the current subdocument (get the current metadata object from the parse
context at the time startElement is called for a new DIV?).

Paul