On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>wrote:

> Assuming I've got all of the above correct, it might be worth creating a
> wiki page for this (probably + referencing jira entry), and start trying to
> work up a proposed solution that'll handle all the above problems and use
> cases.

I created a wiki page for this discussion (
http://wiki.apache.org/tika/MetadataDiscussion). I don't know if that is
what you were thinking of. Maybe appropriate developers can edit the page I
created into something that is useful to them.

I'm hoping that the developers can quickly reach a consensus on how to
change the metadata handling so users can get to metadata for nested
documents. For my use of Tika, I'll need to add this soon. I'd prefer to add
this in a way that could be submitted as a patch to Tika, or at least in a
way that is close enough to how Tika will eventually handle this problem
that it won't be hard to adapt to Tika's real solution once available.

Please let me know if there is a way I can help move this process along.

Paul