On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Rahul Khanna wrote:
I'm a developer who has used Apache Tika in a Research Data Repository System at The Australian National University. As part of the requirements of the project we extended the functionality of Apache Tika by creating a parser that extracts the headers of files in the FITS format (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/PRONOM/Format/proFormatSearch.aspx?s tatus=detailReport&id=657) using the nom.tam.fits library available at http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/heasarc/fits/java/v1.0/ .

Four questions spring to mind:
* How stable is the nom.tam.fits library? Lots of changes at the moment,
  or few?
* Is the library already in maven central?
* How complicated is the parser? Is a fairly simple one (basically call
  the library, then process the output into Tika structures/formats) or
  does it do a large amount of work?
* Are there unit tests?

Nick