Hey Rahul,

This is great and I'm totally willing to work with you to shepherd this
in. The first step would be to create a JIRA issue for your parser, and
then to submit a patch to incorporate it into the tika-parsers module. Of
course, you can start with changing the namespace to org.apache.* (from
its current edu.anu.* package).

Then, it would be nice to create a unit test for the parser, and include a
sample FITS file that the unit tests can run against. There are a number
of existing examples under test-resources within tika-parsers.

While you are doing all this, you might want to file an Apache Individual
Contributor License Agreement (ICLA) -- and to submit the application to
secret...@apache.org to cover your contributions:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Again I'd be happy to help and thanks for wanting to contribute to the
project!

Cheers,
Chris