On Thu, 7 Aug 2014, Tyler Palsulich wrote:
This needs to pull from the examples in svn, so we make sure it compiles
and stays working. See above!

Ahh. Thank you for the link. So, first, create the tika-example module and
some examples.

Yup

The integrate Apache CMS into the website (never done this before, anyone have experience?). Integrate the tika-example code with the CMS and website.

Not quite. After writing the examples, next investigate if it'd be easy to get Maven to pull in snippets of code into apt-generated pages (maybe via our own plugin if needed?). If it is, stick with what we have, since everyone knows it and it works! If not, switch the website from Apt to CMS + Markdown, then inline the code using the CMS feature for that.

(If we do go down the latter route, it's probably something for a half day hackathon at ApacheCon or similar, it's not too hard, but best done with others around to help, especially infra folks)

Nick