With all the work on GLVs and the recent work on GraphSON 2.0, I think it's
important that we have a solid, efficient, programming language neutral,
lossless serialization format. Right now that format is GraphSON and it
works for that purpose (ever more  so with 2.0). Given some discussion on
the GraphSON 2.0 PR driven a bit by Robert Dale:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/351#issuecomment-231157389

I wonder if we shouldn't consider another IO format that has Gremlin
Server/GLVs in mind. At this point I'm not suggesting anything specific -
I'm just hanging the idea out for further discussion and brain storming.
Thoughts?