+1

Stephen, a -1 on a release is not a veto, see the "votes on package releases" section on the foundation site [1]. It is up to the release manager to decide how to proceed. Usually releases are redone not because of the -1, but because there is a valid reason behind the -1. Experienced committers and contributors understand if a -1 is warranted and weird -1s are rare. It is also my preference (and that's what I did in the past) to cancel releases even based on non-binding -1s, because the voice of contributors matters too.

Pretty cool that dialogue led to consensus and actions on how to make progress. Another proof of how awesome the Tinkerpop community is.

Cheers,
Hadrian