Afraid I still don't quite get it. How do I register the different SimpleModules depending on the version.

Currently it starts in SqlgGraph,

@Override
public <I extends Io> I io(final Io.Builder<I> builder) {
    return (I) builder.graph(this).onMapper(mapper -> mapper.addRegistry(SqlgIoRegistry.getInstance())).create();
}

and the SqlgIoRegistry registers the SimpleModule

private SqlgIoRegistry() {
    final SqlgSimpleModule sqlgSimpleModule = new SqlgSimpleModule();
    register(GraphSONIo.class, null, sqlgSimpleModule);
    register(GryoIo.class, RecordId.class, null);
}

Is the SqlgGraph.io(...) method suppose to interrogate the builder to check the version and add a corresponding IoRegistry and SimpleModule?

Thanks
Pieter