So to answer your earlier question on security fixes, the driver should be
our security policy ;-)

For example, if tp32 is not officially closed and accepts bug fixes, and
given "security problems are just bugs" [1], then tp32 should get
security-related bug fixes.

We can use CVSS [2] to score vulnerabilities. They even have a handy-dandy
calculator [3].

The release trigger should also be in the security policy. It could be
based on the CVSS score:
<5, next scheduled release
<7, within 30 days
<8, within 2 weeks
<9, within 1 week
9+, asap

Or we just keep it simple, release next cycle unless someone can provide a
proof of concept or just feels strongly otherwise.

For example, I don't think TINKERPOP-2068 [4] is critical because our
serializers handle only explicitly listed types. Nothing is blindly
delegated to Jackson. No need for an emergency release. Someone can confirm.

1. https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/11/17/767
2. https://www.first.org/cvss/
3. https://www.first.org/cvss/calculator/3.0
4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2068