> Calling the method Traversal() without showing on what it is called looks a
> bit strange in general in my opinion.

I agree, in general implying a static import in a code example can lead to
confusion. If you don't know the context you never really know where the
method/static member comes from (the proof is with all the people asking
questions about missing static imports in the GLVs lately).
It would be less confusing if we were to include the class' name in the example
in addition to the static method. Then,
`AnonymousTraversalSource.[T/t]raversal()` isn't extremely gorgeous so I was
thinking we could have used a more generic name for the class like `TinkerPop`
or `Gremlin`, just my 2 cents

[ Full content available at: https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/968 ]
This message was relayed via gitbox.apache.org for dev@tinkerpop.apache.org