On 28/10/2015 23:27, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>> I would therefore like to propose that we switch the 6.0.x release
>> branch from RTC to CTR and am therefore calling a VOTE to make this change.
>>
>> [ ] Continue to use RTC for 6.0.x
>> [X] Switch 6.0.x to CTR
>>
> Comments:
> - How close is 6.0 from getting only critical fixes and security issues ?

In theory it is there now.

In practise, people back-port additional fixes for bugs that are
unlikely to rate as critical.

> - On the upside for RTC for such a mature branch, it probably improves
> stability.

It makes regressions less likely mainly because the review process takes
so long that any regressions will have emerged in 8.0.x/7.0.x. The
review process itself doesn't seem (to me at least) to be that good at
spotting them.

> I suppose RTC could get it into the commit stream I see: trunk
> -> 8 -> 7 -> and now 6.

Yes, assuming the commit merges cleanly.