Mladen Turk wrote:
Jean-Frederic wrote:

What about url like /context-a/../context-b/?
There could be a problem if the goal is not to map /context-b.
Should we normalise /context-a/../context-b/ to /context-b and then do
the mapping.

Yes. It would require some programming of course, but
it'll solve the issues without adding extra config options.

??

This normalization is already done by httpd and used in mod_jk, totally independent of the existing forwarding option. Request without any special characters are not my concern here. For those simple requests of course all existing forwarding options result in the same forwarded URI.