Rainer Jung wrote:

OK Mladen, I understand that, but I think it's not correct.

Might be.

But: none of the existing options does the right thing. That's why I suggested another way of handling the forward. I think my sugeggested variant "forward r->uri with encoded '%'" is the right way of handling it.

So, what is the actual problem. If there is something that is
potentially malicious we should deal with that without any specific
additional config.

Can you write a simple example of the uris that make the problem
and why we would need to encode the %.

How it is passed now, and how it would be passed with your
proposal.

Regards,
Mladen.