----- Original Message ----- From: "George MATKOVITS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: POJO Application Server for Tomcat

Just please post a generic example for one of your favorite 'Open Source' Data Base engines! That would be more than enough! Thank you -- George

PS. Many years ago I used to be a committer on Apache but for the last few years I just watched the various stuff flowing bye! IMHO there is some bandwidth left for nice KISS stuff! Frankly EJBs are too complicated for the average VB programmer and that is why they do not migrate to nice cheap 'universal' Java on Linux! We either do something about it or Java is going to die! Life ether advances or shrinks to nothing! Your POJO just might do it for Java! EJB people tend to be a bunch of stuck up Aristocrats! Just please keep on ignoring them! Did you talk to anyone at Sun? Any application could be written in POJO if transactionality for Data Base access could be easily added in! Even Sun People like to keep on eating! They might even standardize some of your interfaces.

And I thought I didnt like EJB containers.... ha ha.
I would have just said, there does seem to be an uprising on the web against Super-Cans, they just too complex. George I have a POJO class that is a dB pool, allows for transactions and does persistence... all POJO style and its
easier than saying EJB specification ;)
Thing about POJO libs is that they not worth a thing without a sample.... so you making me work, but it you
can wait just 2 days... I'll have the sample code for that on the site.
The library is tiny, and it will be posted as source so you can see how it actually all works, and change it if you like.
Best I can do....