After the latest round of comments, the plan is:

Tag 6.0.15 early next week.

svn cp
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_15
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.1.0/trunk

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_15
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk

Changes to .../trunk with be CTR
Changes to .../6.1.x/trunk will be RTC

Soon after release 6.1.0 as alpha/beta
Possibly release a few more 6.1.x as alpha/beta as required

Once we are happy that we have a 6.1.x release that represents what we
want in 6.2.x then:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.1.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_1_YY
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.2.0/trunk

Changes to .../6.1.x/trunk will be frozen
Changes to .../6.2.x/trunk will be RTC

Make stable releases from 6.2.x as required.
Make alpha/beta releases from trunk as required (not expecting any for
a while).

At some point in the future when we start thinking about 6.4.x or
7.0.x then that will be created from trunk.

I'm still aiming for mid-week for these changes, assuming 6.0.15 is
tagged early in the week.