Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>> jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>
>>> Why Friday? Shouldn't we wait until 6.0.15 (or 6.0.15 + n) is voted
>>> stable?
>>>

>> We can do if that is the preference. My motivation is that I am keen
>> to get
>> back to a CTR codebase asap as I find only having RTC a real pain.
>>
> he he, I think everyone does, however two months ago you said
> "I don't see a need for a separate 6.0.x and 6.1.x development at this
> point. I have yet to see a convincing technical argument that there is
> something sufficiently new and/or different to justify this overhead."
>
> has anything changed since before when we had trunk and 6.0.x, to the
> point where we have more resources and more todos to maintain 6.0.x,
> 6.1.x and trunk? This is one more branch than we used to have.
>
> wouldn't it be better to hold of on the 6.1.x until there is a feature
> set for that release, and only have trunk. Otherwise we will have two
> 6.0.x branches, just one is named 6.1.x but there is nothing different
> with them

Yep. I also prefer to have only trunk based on 6.0.15 I don't think we
need 6.1.x for the moment. We should be able to make proposals for
tc6.0.x back porting using commits from trunk for a while.

Additional I think we should also create/prepare a ROADMAP in/for this
trunk to discuss what the new features we want to put inside.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic