Mladen Turk wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
you're other option is to just vote on tcnative separately, and that way utilize all the ASF mirrors and release sites

But that is exactly what we should *not* do.
Tomcat comes with it's native, so if you upgrade the
Tomcat, upgrade its native as well (if changed)
except the fact that you could upgrade 5.5.25 (existing tomcat release) with the tcnative 1.1.12 (from the new tomcat release) so if it is not a product, how come it's versioned and tagged separately, and not just tagged with Tomcat's tag like the jsp engine or the nio connector.

Like said, all that can be easy done by simply
extending requirements for building Tomcat release.
One will need Python and a set of GNU build tools,
and we can easily forget the native helper tarballs.

It would mean that you will need *nix for building
the Tomcat release, but that's fine with me.
currently we require Win as the build environment (I think it had to do with NSIS installer or something like that) the tcnative, is a source tarball, right? so could we make it buildable with ANT?

If the Tomcat RM's are fine with that, it's a very
simple task.
I'd be ok with putting it as part of the TC build itself if we don't want it as a separate product.

Filip

Regards,
Mladen