Guenter Knauf wrote:
Hi Mladen,
But that is exactly what we should *not* do.
Tomcat comes with it's native, so if you upgrade the
Tomcat, upgrade its native as well (if changed)

Like said, all that can be easy done by simply
extending requirements for building Tomcat release.
One will need Python and a set of GNU build tools,
and we can easily forget the native helper tarballs.

It would mean that you will need *nix for building
the Tomcat release, but that's fine with me.

If the Tomcat RM's are fine with that, it's a very
simple task.

just an idea / suggestion:
isnt it usable for the release process that you create a place in SVN where you
commit the tarballs, and then download them via http from there instead from a
directory location?

Finally, an interesting idea.
You are right. This would make things much easier.
It would complicate the url pattern for native
inside build.xml, but who cares.

Anyone?

Regards,
Mladen