Mladen Turk wrote:
Jess Holle wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:

Is there a means of achieving background-only (or nearly so) testing of dead workers with mod_jk? That's what I'm looking for in both jk and mod_proxy_ajp connectors. I guess I was hoping/assuming it was there in mod_jk from reading the docs.

There is in the mod_jk (SVN trunk).
Ah...  I'd been looking in 1.2.26.
Add JkWatchdogInterval 60
This will create thread calling maintain each 60 seconds.
How does this differ from worker.maintain?
If you add
worker.xxx.connection_keepalive=60
it will fire a cping/cpong on all connections
in connection pool that were not used more then 60 seconds
What about for load balance members with no established connections? My primary case here is a fairly large bank of ports which will be sparsely populated with Tomcats. I do not want normal request threads to spend time seeing if the ports have "come to life", but I want a background thread to do so periodically.

I'm thinking I'd want most of the workers being load balanced over to start in a presumed dead state until the background thread discovered they were alive.

Does this sound close?

I will take a look at the SVN code. I take it there's no such code in Apache SVN yet for mod_proxy_ajp? [I did look there.]

--
Jess Holle