Jess Holle wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:
Jess Holle wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:

Is there a means of achieving background-only (or nearly so) testing of dead workers with mod_jk? That's what I'm looking for in both jk and mod_proxy_ajp connectors. I guess I was hoping/assuming it was there in mod_jk from reading the docs.

There is in the mod_jk (SVN trunk).
I've been reading this code now...

The watchdog thread looks very useful. If I understand it correctly, the watchdog thread can do whatever it feels like but currently mainly calls wc_maintain, which will only do work at most every worker.maintain seconds, right?

connection_keepalive does not look like it really my bill, though. I'm most worried about workers in an error state and ensuring that they are rechecked every recover_wait_time -- but only by the watchdog thread and ideally via a ping/pong. Currently recover_workers appears to just put workers into a recovery state where they'll be elligible to be tried again on a future request -- without checking whether the worker is actually accessible. That's fine for some use cases, but explicitly what I want to avoid.

Are there any thoughts to have an option to have recover_workers() do a ping prior to returning a working to a non-error state?

And, yes, a watchdog thread in mod_proxy_balancer /and /a reasonable means of balancer invoking a ping via mod_proxy_ajp would be really helpful as far as mod_proxy_ajp is concerned.

--
Jess Holle