On Aug 28, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Jess Holle wrote:
Agreed, but this is concerning *both* mod_jk and mod_proxy and I've been scolded for cross posting...

Well, I would say that both mod_jk and mod_proxy are affected by the
"same phenomenon" but proposed fixes for mod_proxy shouldn't be
discussed on the TC list, and more that proposed fixes for mod_jk
would likely be entertained well on httpd-dev :)

At the core, I'm looking for 2 things:

If you believe we should start up a discussion on httpd dev as to how to solve these issues at this point that sounds great to me -- though we also need to solve them in mod_jk (as our current plan is to use mod_proxy_ajp for Apache 2.2 and we have no alternative but the jk/isapi connector for IIS).

As Mladen said, there is some very prelim discussions regarding
key aspects of these issue on the httpd-dev list. But it is hardly
unique to mod_proxy (mod_dbd could also use a nice robust watchdog
hook implementation).