On Apr 1, 2009, at 9:20 PM, Rahul Saxena wrote:

Is Tomcat currently supports JSR 196??

no.

I've been planning to work on jsr 196 for tomcat but haven't had much time. I implemented support for jetty. Geronimo has a jsr 196 provider implementation but I haven't been able to pry the tck out of sun yet.

I'd doubt there would be a lot of trouble doing the server bits of jsr 196 in a filter. However note that, unlike with web.xml specified filters, authentication occurs once before the request gets to the first web.xml specified filter and does not occur again for dispatches. If you can arrange for this with a filter then the rest of the jsr 196 implementation should not be too hard.

thanks
david jencks