On 02/16/2010 10:21 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 16/02/2010 09:08, Mladen Turk wrote:
On 02/16/2010 09:56 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
The other thing it potentially allows is the cluster to tell the proxy
about which nodes are in the cluster, allowing a more dynamic
configuration. Not sure I'd want to use that in production, but in dev
that could be useful.

Hmm, the zero conf is actually more desired in production then in
dev environments since it allows single point of admin and no need
for webserver reconfig.

Its just a personal opinion. I don't like any form of auto-configuration
in production because I always feel I never quite know what it is doing
or, more importantly, what it might do.

Well it's zero conf inside web server only, so its conf is passed from
Tomcat, and that is certainly something strictly defined inside .xml or
via some manager app.

There was attempt for creating AJP14 protocol, since the current one
lacks some IPC capabilities with the limited packed size being the major
problem. However I'd rather see mod_jk/isapi with http protocol then creating
some AJP extensions or even completely new protocol. Network and processing
speed changed a lot since 90's so now there's almost no performance difference
between AJP and HTTP implementations. With some new HTTP proposals for
connection reusing even that factor could be eliminated in the future.

Regards
--
^TM