On 12/03/2010 11:32, buddhika chamith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am interested in working on the JMX related project idea.
Great.

> I am in the
> process of going through the documentation and sources relating to JMX in
> Tomcat. Excerpt of the idea mentions that "Tomcat instance to be configured
> entirely via JMX" is the goal of project. Since the JMX infrastructure is
> already present, are there any specific areas that you have already
> identified as lacking support in order to achieve above goal?

The createStandardService method declared for the MBeanFactory doesn't
exist. That pretty much kills any attempt to do this stone dead before
you start.

Looks like I did that in error almost a year ago. I'll add that method
and the other methods removed at the time back.

With those in place it is a matter of testing to see what works and what
doesn't. The problems are likely to be a combination of the following:
- JMX getters/setters not aligned with changes to underlying objects
- attributes exposed as read/write that should be read-only or need more
work to make write operations safe
- new objects not exposed via JMX