On 21.10.2010 09:02, Mladen Turk wrote:
Hi,

Seems we are fine for 1.2.31 now that httpd 2.3
compiles without problems.

Yep.

I plan to tag 1.2.31_RC1 and make release
candidate set of sources and bin at the ususal place.
If voted we would just need to svn mv 1.2.31_RC1 1.2.31

Hmmm, the problem with the RCs is:

- either we don't want to change any contents of the release between the last RC and the release. Then the RCs do not contain any indication that they are actually RCs. So they might circulate and actually look like an official release.

- or we add RC1 or whatever somewhere to the files and version strings. Then we have to reroll after the RC finally is approved (and I think to vote again)

So if we do an RC, I would say the RC should be easily identifiable as an RC (version strings, download file names) and the purpose is simply to identify any problems, before we proceed to the real tag and vote. Is that what you want to do? It would be the same we did in the past except for calling it RCX instead of rXXXXXX-dev.

If someone again "needs more time for testing" :)
the release process is just good as any.
I hope I'll do all that by tomorrow which would
give us a plenty of time for a vote, so we can
have that out next week.

OK, thanks.

Rainer