On 10/21/2010 02:29 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
On 21.10.2010 09:02, Mladen Turk wrote:
Hi,

Hmmm, the problem with the RCs is:

- either we don't want to change any contents of the release between the last
RC and the release. Then the RCs do not contain any indication that they are
actually RCs. So they might circulate and actually look like an official
release.
- or we add RC1 or whatever somewhere to the files and version strings. Then we
have to reroll after the RC finally is approved (and I think to vote again)

Why?
I mean tag something like _RC1  if voted fine, just rename the tag to release.
It will contain the same thing in there no mater what trunk points to.
If not create fixes in the trunk, create _RC2 tag and iterate again.

svn mv is just a handy tool for that.
If you want't to keep the _RC1 (for what ever reason) then
just do a svn cp 1.2.31_RC1 1.2.31

Regards
--
^TM