On 27/07/2011 00:42, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2011/7/26 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>> The Servlet EG is starting to discuss changes to the Servlet API for
>> 3.1. It would be useful if the option existed to implement some of these
>> changes in Tomcat trunk. The benefits of this are:
>> - we can see how feasible the API changes are to implement
>> - users can try out the new APIs (assuming we do a Tomcat 8 alpha release)
>>
>> Therefore, after the next Tomcat 7 release, I would like to do the
>> following:
>> - Copy tomcat/trunk to tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk
>> - Start making Servlet API changes to tomcat/trunk
>
> Do you already have some changes on your mind?

Nothing major at this point for the Servlet spec but I am expecting that
to grow. The EL spec has also started discussing API changes that I'd
like to implement.

On the non-spec front, there is some refactoring of TLD/web.xml
processing I'd like to do to reduce the duplication of both code and
effort between Catalina and Jasper as well as some ideas I have for
improving the performance a little bit.