On 02/02/2012 14:14, Costin Manolache wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 02/02/2012 10:05, Remy Maucherat wrote:

>>> Ok, I think your "light protocol" concept to group any "upgraded"
>>> connections is appropriate.
>>
>> Agreed. I'll see if I can wrap this into the generic upgrade process I
>> added as part of the WebSocket support.
>>

> My concern with the current upgrade process added for WebSocket is that
> it's very heavy
> in memory use.

That is what I was agreeing with. I meant that I'll see if I can turn
the current heavy-weight upgrade process into a light-weight one. As I
have said before, this is already on my to-do list. I'll bump it up and
start on it now so you have something to work with in trunk. I can steal
ideas of you along the way :). That way we can hopefully get something
pretty quickly into trunk that works for WebSocket and SPDY.

> I think it would be better to go the other way - and use the
>  LightProtoocl for WebSockets.

Exactly.

> If the app needs the original
> Request/Response - we could
> save them, but in most cases I don't think they'll be needed.

I don;t see the need for that.